The 62nd Annual Grand Prairie Festival of the Arts
History of the Arts Festival
The first Grand Prairie Festival of Arts was held in September of 1956. Each year the festival continued to grow and attract larger crowds. In 1964 the Grand Prairie Arts Council, Inc. was established by the following incorporators: A.P. Finken, Madeline Oliver, Toney Morris, Irene Cao, Lillian Young, Edith Andrews, and Helen Malcolm. The expressed goal of the council was to encourage cultural development in the Grand Prairie area and to work toward the establishment of an arts center.
In October, 1982, The Arts Center of the Grand Prairie was officially opened at 108 W. 12th in Stuttgart. The Arts Center, under the direction of Charles Law strives to present programs, exhibits and special events which will acquaint local residents and supporters with high quality art in the various disciplines